Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Can't Believe It!

I'm not posting this to brag, but to thank my husband for being so clever, appreciative, and wonderful.


Dustin entered me in the "Greatest Mother in the World Contest" at B106 Radio Station for Mother's Day. JJ in the Morning emailed him this afternoon to tell Dustin that I was the winner and to come down to the station to pick up my prizes! This is what I got:

2 Complimentary 1-Hour Massage Gift Cards


$100 gift certificate

$30 value Dinner for Two and $20 off food and beverages


I can't believe he entered me in a contest. He's so sweet! And futhermore, I can't believe I was picked as the winner. Thanks Hon!

In case you're interested in reading what was submitted:
A diabetic daughter, another daughter with heart problems, and a tight budget are just a few things that my wife Megann takes care of every day.
No other mother could possibly handle these things as well as Megann does. She runs the house like a well oiled machine even when the three-year-old's blood sugar is low, or when the physical therapist has to spend time with our 1 year old.
With hospital bills left and right, Megann has found ways to keep our household out of debt on a low income. She has taught piano lessons to help make ends meet, and she has taken accounting classes to find ways to budget, save, and invest our money.
Amid all these things Megann also finds time to contribute to the community. She is a member of MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers), supports the weekly public library events, directs the choir in her church, and is an active volunteer for JDRF (Juvinile Diabetes Research Foundation).
Megann is constantly putting herself before others (as many mothers do) making sure that families in our neighborhood are taken care of when they have difficulties. She makes meals for them, babysits their children, and sometimes just visits them when they are down. In this way she is not only a mother to her children, but to many other people as well.
I don't know what I would do without this wonderful woman in my life. She is the greatest mother in the world!

16 comments:

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

Megann,
What sweet words. I hope you keep it forever for your kids and grandkids to treasure. I know we haven't seen each other in YEARS, but there is NO doubt in my mind that you are the conquering women that Dustin described. What a compliment to you. I love that you have found a husband so appreciative and loving (I got one of those myself and trust me, they are rare!).

PS--I'm VERY jealous of your prize!

Kristen Woffinden said...

AMEN!
You're awesome, Meg!

Leah Martineau said...

Megann That is awesome!!!!!!!!! Tell Dustin that is one of the nicest and sweetest things a husband could do!!! You are an amazing mom and your 2 girls are so lucky to have you. Enjoy your massages and I can't wait to see what jewelry item you pick out. I am so making Shaun read this post =)

Dustin you are one good guy =)

Jennifer said...

Thats awesome what a great idea that was. Congrats on winning. You are a very great mom so I could see how they would pick you..

courtney said...

That is super super sweet! Congrats on all the prizes!

Emily Empey said...

That is awesome and its so true!! you are so nice and wonderful and always willing to help!!!

Gramma n Grampa said...

That is sooooo nice and the gifts are great. I can't think of anyone more deserving then YOU. Sweet, Sweet Husband.

Sally said...

You are the greatest mother! Glad that you are getting some recogition.

Kar said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweet tribute. And you deserved to have won that drawing thingey. You really are an amazing person. Always taking care of everyone. I appreciate how you keep us all informed of parties and play dates.

Dez said...

Wow, that is awesome! Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Dustin couldn't have said it better! It brought me to tears to read what he wrote! You definitely deserved to win! That's so exciting!:) Enjoy your prizes!!

Betty Heath said...

He could have mentioned you raised over $1000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Assn. and you are a great daughter-in-law as well as daughter and sister to your siblings, who are far away. You set up things like Mother's Day pedicures and birthday parties for your daughters. You are great, and I'm so glad you were recognized for it!!

Gallant Family said...

Wow, that was awesome. You totally deserve it all and much more.

The Heathen Caboose said...

That's really cool Megan . . . and Dusty misspelled "juvenile".

The Heathen Caboose said...

That was Byron, by the way.

Kapri said...

Congrats Meg! I couldn't have picked a better more deserving winner!