Saturday, May 16, 2009

Community Care 5K

My father-in-law joined me in a 5K run around the Greenbelt Saturday morning. I wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be for this run, since I haven't ran a 5K in 8 months and I was playing in Arizona for a couple of weeks. I've just been running a 10-11 minute mile once or twice a week, so this race killed me, but it's a good way to start the summer.


Jerry and I showing off our muscles before the race.

Lainey, Libby, Daddy, and Grandma came to cheer us on.

At the line up getting our i-pods and MP3 players ready.

Jerry running towards the finish line. He finished at 32:02. Where's Megann?

I came in a couple minutes behind Jerry at 34:30. My 59 year old father-in-law kicked my trash! I was acknowledging the family who was cheering me to the finish line in this picture. Lainey was yelling, "Go Mommy!" and running on the other side of the flags. Otherwise I'd probably not be smiling.

At the end of the race we hung around for sandwiches and a raffle. I won some armskins. They're like leg warmers for your arms and pull moisture away from your body.


4 comments:

courtney said...

Crazy old fools! I have to keep telling myself that in order to make me feel better for my laziness!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Megann!! I don't know how you can do it!! Congrats on finishing, even if you didn't feel like you did so well!

Patty said...

You really do it all, don't you?

Kar said...

Lucky girl that you won armskins! Those sound so cool! I know what you mean about old men kicking our trash. My dad routinely kicks my trash when we do 5K's together. I think we're seriously nuts for doing the Bone and Back run. But I think I still want the second leg. I want to get 'er done.