Saturday, June 25, 2011

To Bone and Back--40 Mile Relay

This year Dustin and I, along with 6 of our friends, ran a 40 mile relay race. Each team member ran 5 miles. The course begins in Idaho Falls, with the 20 mile point ending in a town called Bone, then turning around and running the same course back to Idaho Falls. Hence the name "To Bone and Back".

5 out of the 8 team members of Ocho Stinko.
Christine, Me, Dustin, Lucy, Adam
Our girls were not fully awake at 7:30am. Luckily we took them over to their cousins house after I began the race so they could play.

I had two goals: run the entire 5 miles and run it under one hour. I ran leg 1 in 58:12! This was the first time I've ran 5 miles consecutively.

Dustin ran leg 2 which is the hardest leg since it's all up hill. He ran his stretch in 50 minutes!

Team members use a plastic bone for the baton.
Lucy ran leg 3 in under one hour.

Adam ran leg 4 in 43 minutes!

Kat ran leg 5 which is the turn around point.
Back to Idaho Falls we go! She ran her stretch in about 50 minutes.

Des ran leg 6 in 55:55!
The scenery was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for better weather.

Jaime ran leg 7 in 48 minutes! Leg 7 is actually leg 2, but backwards, so her 5 miles stretch was all down hill.

Christine was our awesome runner on leg 8. She finished in 43 minutes!

Team Ocho Stinko ran 40 miles in 6:56:36.

After the race, runners and their families enjoyed free hot dogs and ice cream.

The girls got butterflies painted on their faces.

They enjoyed the bounce house too.

3 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Way to go! That's awesome!

The Hann Family said...

How fun Meg! I love that you and Dustin enjoy doing the same things together!

Heidi said...

Nice job!!! I can't even imagine running 5 miles in one stretch. And I love the picture of Lainey strangling Libby.