Thursday, July 24, 2014

10 Days in AZ

After our trip to Hawaii we flew back with my parents and stayed ten days in Arizona while Dustin finished up Science Camp.


We kept busy and did lots of fun things.
Haircuts from an old friend, Barb, who cut my hair twenty-five years ago.


By brother Ben recently began going to RISE, a facility for those with disabilities.  He was proud to show me his name and give me a tour.


Making cookies and cupcakes with Gramie.


The girls played endlessly with Ellie, another type 1, who lives two doors down from Gramie.  One day we ventured out to Jumpstreet.


Lunch and swimming at my friend Natalie's house with her four kids.


Grandpa took us to American's largest butterfly atrium in Scottsdale.  We watched a 3D movie and then took a walk in the butterfly conservatory with 2,500 butterflies.


Arizona is home to 334 species of butterflies.


None of the butterflies landed on us, but I don't think the girls were disappointed.


There was also a touch tank of Motoro stingrays that Elaina was brave enough to try and liked the feel of them.


Grandpa scored Phoenix Mercury basketball tickets for Elaina and Ellie.


2 comments:

Mr. Heath said...

It sounds like you had a great adventure! I'm glad that you got to spend a good amount of time with your family in Arizona, very fun trip! We are looking forward to coming and visiting you guys in your new diggs! Great adventures to come in Burley!!! WE MISS YOU!!!

Mr. Heath said...

Umm, I just realized that we still have Dusty's sign in on our computer, so I could put all sorts of interesting things on here under his name but I'll be good and log out, but I just wanted you to know that I could...Love, Courtney