
Just like last year, Dustin wrote a Mother's Day Essay and submitted it in the contest our local radio station put on. I was selected as the winner of some wonderful prizes. Since I was in Arizona Mother's Day weekend, I was awarded over the phone, and Dustin picked up my gift basket. He sent me some pictures of my prizes and then I was able to enjoy them when I returned home.

The prizes were:
$50 to Sarah's Candy Cottage
$169 to Black Swan Inn
$50 to Stockman's Steak House
$84 to Cardon's Car Wash
Flowers from Floral Classics
Pendant Necklace from Farr's Jewelers

Thank you Honey for making me feel special!
This is what Dustin submitted:
A diabetic daughter, another daughter with multiple health problems, and a tight budget are just a few things that my wife Megann takes care of every day.
No other mother could possibly handle these things as well as Megann does. She runs the house like a well oiled machine even when the 5-year-old's blood sugar is low, or when the physical therapist has to spend time with our 3-year-old.
Megann has found ways to keep our household out of debt on a low income. She has taught piano lessons to help make ends meet, and she has taken accounting classes to find ways to budget, save, and invest our money.
Amid all these things Megann also finds time to contribute to the community. She supports the weekly public library events, directs the choir in her church, and is an active volunteer for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation).
Megann is constantly putting herself before others (as many mothers do) making sure that families in our neighborhood are taken care of when they have difficulties. She makes meals for them, babysits their children, and sometimes just visits them when they are down. In this way she is not only a mother to her children, but to many other people as well.
I don't know what I would do without this wonderful woman in my life. Her commitment to her children, husband, and community make her the greatest mother in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment