Dustin was kind enough to let me go to Arizona for the weekend....by myself! My brother and his wife were having their Open House and I wanted to be there to help my mom. Plus it was Mother's Day weekend, and I haven't spent a Mother's Day with my mom in ten years.
I was to fly out Friday morning. Libby woke up with a fever, and since she'd been coughing/runny nose for a week, I made an appointment with the doctor. So here's a brief summary of what happened Friday:
Dustin missed work to watch a sick child, Libby stayed home from school to sleep, my flight was delayed 4 hours (bees in the cockpit?), my friend babysat Lainey while Dustin took Libby to the doctor, and we found that Libby has pneumonia. What a way to begin my trip! By the way, Libby is doing much better.
The Open House was Saturday, May 7th.
My mom, sister, aunt, and I spent the afternoon making these sweet centerpieces for the tables.
The Guest Book Table
Putting the food table together. The chocolate-covered strawberries were to die for!
Nice way to transform a church cultural hall.
The basketball hoops were made into chandeliers.
The west end of the room.
The east end of the room
Is that an expression of motherly love, or what?
My dad bought corsages for my mom, sister, grandma, and me to wear to church. It was very sweet. It was fun to spend Mother's Day with my side of the family and spoil my mom. Unfortunately, Kyle and Stacey's car broke down on their way back to Utah. Their one day trip turned into two, and they had to miss school and work. I made it home safely Monday morning and was very excited to see Dustin and the girls.
3 comments:
You husband is a rockstar! Most husbands would have caved under the pressure :)
Glad you had a wonderful weekend.
And...you won the Best Mom in Idaho Falls Award (or something like that.) How wonderful to have the time with your mom and your family. The reception was absolutely gorgeous!! I love the table decorations!
I love the "Is that motherly love or what?" comment. Haha :D Love the picts!
Post a Comment