On our drive home from Arizona, we stopped at the Hoover Dam. It wasn't our intention to stop, but the traffic was backed up for miles. It took us 2 hours to cross over the dam! Dustin has never been to the dam, and he wanted tour the Visitor's Center, which took an additional hour. Three hours is enough for me not to want to go back for a really long time!
Lainey was not excited to be at the Visitor's Center. Dustin read the displays while I chased the girls around and took two bathroom breaks. Dustin learned, contrary to popular belief, that there are no dead workers buried in the dam.
Libby liked hanging from this railing.
This is the new $114 million bridge being built to accommodate traffic, which should be completed at the end of this year. This thing was HUGE! It's nearly 2,000 feet long and 900 feet above the Colorado River. To see workers way up there was pretty scary. I could not do that job.

2 comments:
Looks like fun and you guys look exhausted!
Ohhh, heights really bother me. I couldn't do that job, either. Ben installed those iron railings on the balconies of The Grand America in SLC (that was his job when we got married). I don't know how he did it. I couldn't even hang on that hand railing like Libby did, protective window and all. The height thing.
Post a Comment